Thursday, April 24, 2008

Who left the shutter open?


I'm just not tired yet of old tricks. Maybe because the results are always new. I mean, the Earth is big and we always come up with new things, or new ways of seeing the old things. I still think that you can get very cool effects without much "post production". Here is what I got at the Grove Hotel last night. I tried many approaches: I used a regular 30' exposure, then I added some polarizing,(I know, it's a little too dark) for a longer exposure time. I tried bulb approach. I had to tweak with this one on Lightroom for a little bit just to darken the wall. This is some sort of a fountain on a wall, kind of thing. I will post a little broader view below. I am always interested to see how the "whole thing" looks when we see just bits and pieces of a composition.
I liked this section so much that I set it up behind the header. It's so abstract that it doesn't matter if you rotate it. Anyway, now you know where the header is coming from. Courtesy the Grove Hotel.










And here is the old trick. This is done by zooming (in or out) while leaving the shutter open.













And here is the broad picture.

No comments: