Sunday, April 20, 2008

background

I must say that I have always been excited about photography. I remember taking pictures with my mom's camera (a Смена - pronounced Smena) and looked like this. She just happened to have one that particular brand, (no Russian connections) and I am not sure that the model was the exact same on like the one in the link. She also had another one, (another brand) that I didn't know how to use. I do remember that the other one had a built-in light meter. I must have been 8 or 9 when I started taking pictures. The Смена is a range finder camera, with film. I only used black & white film and took pictures of my class mates in trips and such.

While living in Germany I was so close to getting a new camera but never really got one. Finally, I started using a digital SLR (DSLR) not very long ago and started experimenting quite a bit. I have been doing a lot of reading and researching into photography.

I will post some books and websites that I have stumbled upon. Meanwhile I carry my camera with me all the time and take pictures of all kinds of things. All for experimenting.

No comments: